Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 7 - What I do to try to improve the quality of my life with Cushing's Disease

Always having been an active kid participating in sports such as football and baseball it was very hard on me not be physically able to perform these activities. Sports were a big part of my life. After my first and second surgeries when I was feeling well enough I started an exercise program and better watched what I was feeding my body. I did as much as I could but also listened to what my body was telling me.

It hasn't been an easy road back and now that I am 18 months post op I am feeling the best that I have felt in many years. I still get sore achey joints and go to a chiropractor regularly because my back continues to hurt.

Another focus in my life has been my church family and getting closer to God. This disease made a huge impact on my family and has brought all of us together and we are even closer than before.

I try to be a positive person and a role model and not feel sorry for myself. I go out and have fun and try to live life to the fullest.

~Hunter, age 18

No comments:

Post a Comment