Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 16 - Cushing's in Dogs

I met a very dear person this weekend and was talking
to her about Hunter.  She asked what the name of the
disease he had was and I told her Cushing's Disease. 
She said, 'my dog had Cushing's Disease.'
I just found that to be a little funny because I swear when I
started researching and looking for any information that I
could find on the internet, I think I found more sites about
Cushing's Disease in dogs. 

Some signs that your dog may have Cushing’s disease include:
Paw Print Bullet Increased water intake
Paw Print Bullet Increased appetite
Paw Print Bullet Incontinence or urination accidents
Paw Print Bullet Muscle atrophy
Paw Print Bullet Weight gain and/or pot-bellied appearance
Paw Print Bullet Lethargy
Paw Print Bullet Coat loses its shine/becomes dull
Paw Print Bullet Difficulty climbing stairs or jumping on furniture
Paw Print Bullet New susceptibility to infections, such as skin ailments
Paw Print Bullet Hair loss
Paw Print Bullet Hair that is extremely slow to grow back after a clipping
Paw Print Bullet Thin skin
Paw Print Bullet Excessive panting

No comments:

Post a Comment